Make this TONIGHT! It's the most delicious vegan soup, but somehow it tastes creamy and milky and delicious.
You're going to love this soup if you love asparagus and let's be honest, everyone loves asparagus!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL RECIPE and notes or take a look below from vegangela.com:
- 2 pounds green asparagus
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked in warm water for 1 hour (or ½ cup soy/almond milk)
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- Cut asparagus into ½-inch pieces.
- In a large pot, heat margarine over medium-low heat, and cook the onion for a few minutes, until softened.
- Add asparagus pieces and salt and pepper to taste, then cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Add broth and simmer, covered, until asparagus is very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add cashews and purée soup using an immersion blender (or in batches in a blender) until smooth.
- Season with lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)