I found the recipe for this soup while I was juicing and I have made it probably 10 times since! It's nothing but healthy vegetables and vegetable broth, but somehow, it's so tasty and you don't even notice how healthy it is!
My husband (who normally survives on chicken fingers and mashed potatoes) LOVES this soup and asks me to make it at least twice a week now.
It's so easy and so delicious. All you have to do is add salt to your preference and voila!
RECIPE below or here's the link: http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/green-detox-soup-recipe-of-the-week/
- 1 leek
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 6 kale leaves
- 1-2 zucchini
- 2 sticks of celery
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- Handful of Parsley
- Sea salt and pepper
- Wash and chop all veggies.
- Lightly heat the oil on low heat, add leeks and garlic and slowly cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and vegetables (zucchini, kale, broccoli, celery), slowly bring to a boil and cook until the zucchini is soft. The less you cook the vegetables the better.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Transfer to a blender, and process the soup ( You can leave it chunky if you prefer or blend more for smoother soup)
- Add the parsley.
Makes 4 servings
Here's what it looks like right before you blend it into soup!
***ALSO, don't be afraid to make your own vegetable stock. All you have to do is put an onion, carrot, couple of celery sticks and parsley into pot of water and simmer or boil for about an hour. That's it!!! Saves you like $2-3 not having to buy it at the store!