I just HAD to share this recipe with you. Over the last 2 and a half weeks or so I've been eating as cleanly as possible with a whole-foods, plant-based diet. Basically, it's a vegan diet.
Finding recipes that are delicious AND low-calorie has been challenging.
Here's one that I absolutely LOVE and wanted to share.
***I used romaine lettuce as 'taco shells' and put this salad in them and turned it into a lettuce wrap. So filling and so healthy! Enjoy!
Below is the recipe or here is the link: http://vegangela.com/2011/11/22/refreshing-quinoa-salad-with-mango-cucumber-avocado/
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed drained
- 1 fresh mango, cubed
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- ½ cup mint, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- Place the quinoa along with 2 cups salted water in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to the lowest heat setting. Simmer until water is completely absorbed and quinoa is fluffy, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the quinoa, and gently combine. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to let the salad cool and flavors combine. Serve immediately.
(Photo Credit: Vegangela.com)