Photo Credit: Getty Images
Having a good hair day has some real-life benefits, and there's research to back it up! A new study shows that by having a good hair day, you can boost your self-esteem and help you feel like part of a higher social class!
The researchers came up with several tips for those good hair days to help project your self confidence to the outside world:
1. Know that there will be bad hair days and you will survive. You can't control everything, but you can take little steps to feel better. "Push yourself out of that feeling. Put your hair up. Wear a fun pair of earrings. Wear the shoes you love. Pull out the new outfit you haven't worn yet. So often when you feel bad you cave into yourself, and it's the very moment you should call a friend who always pulls you up."
2. Wear something that makes you feel terrific. "Wear something that makes you feel attractive—not what you think others would like—because it starts with you."
3. Understand that your appearance makes a difference. "You may say, 'It doesn't matter, nobody looks at me anyway.' That reflection, that perception, is what you're putting out into the world."
4. Use colors to boost your mood and stand out. This could be bold red lipstick or a colorful top.
5. Surround yourself with positive, supportive people. "Think about the three top qualities you'd want in your friends and supporters, then think about if your closest friends have those qualities.
Check out the full story here!