This cute animated short film titled "Alike" directed by Daniel Martinez Lara & Rafa Cano Mendez will leave you yearning to get back your color!
Many of you are probably reading this from your cubicle or tiny office as you plug away at your day to day duties as an adult. No doubt your computer wallpaper is set to a bucket list location (like mine) far away with dreams of one day being in that exact location. You appreciate the wallpaper photo because it keeps your mind grounded with the thought of what you are working so hard for.
At the same time, you browse your Instagram account and become envious when you come across someone who seems to be living life and being creative with everything they do. Their Instagram is filled with their latest creations/adventures and you say to yourself "I want that life, but I am too busy".
There is a way to start adding more creativity and adventure into your life...
Take these simple first steps:
- Monday: Plan out 1 hour during the week (M-F) to be creative. Paint, read or create
- Tuesday: Learn to say no to time suck events. Social media, Netflix and Tv.
- Wednesday: Browse Groupon to find something new to do on the weekend. Book it and invite friends.
- Thursday: Start a journal. It will help develop your thoughts on what you want out of life whether it be more creativity or adventure. I often find they go hand and hand.
- FRIDAY: Call your friends (or spouse) and go out to dinner somewhere new.
- SATURDAY & SUNDAY: Go on your previously booked adventure and spend time reading.
Much of the starting steps to being more creative is more adventure based, but I find the real key to getting more creative is to step outside of your boundaries and become inspired!