I have the craziest sleep schedule... and that makes falling asleep easy and hard. I can't fall asleep when I want to, but when I don't want to I am out like a light!
Can't Fall Asleep?
The U.S. military came up with a method years ago that supposedly helps you fall asleep in two minutes... You more or less have to relax your body in "zones"... one zone at a time... Once you are relaxed, you put yourself to sleep...
Here's the routine...
1. Relax your face, including your tongue, jaw, and the muscles around your eyes.
2. Drop your shoulders as low as they can go. Then relax your arms one at a time.
3. Breathe out, and relax your chest.
4. Relax your legs, starting with your thighs and then your calves.
5. Picture yourself in a calm location, like lying in a canoe under a clear blue sky... or lying in a black velvet hammock in a dark room. And if you're still not asleep, repeat the phrase "don't think, don't think" over and over again in your head.
The "Don't Think" part is the hardest for me... But I'm willing to try it!
They say it may take some time, but eventually it works for almost everyone.
Check out the full story HERE