Twin Labor & Delivery Day!

On September 20th 2018… The twins decided to show their faces and brighten our world! This is my twin labor & Delivery day story!

First of all--- I just want to say thank you for all of the love and support!!! When we did "ask us a question" on our instagram...I had some people ask me how my delivery day was ... SO here is my story!

If you don’t want to read allll of this…. feel free to scroll down and watch the Vlog that Missy and I made explaining what happened the day the twins came.

I went to work like it was any other day. I did my shift and towards the end of it.. I called missy and told her that I felt like I needed to poop really bad. I felt like I was having those crampy poop pains and I joked and said that this babies want out now! While I was at work… I was laughing with my coworkers and I swear after that I started having contractions. It was hurting to laugh and I was having pains on and off. I had never felt contractions or braxton hicks before so I was like… Oh this has to be what every pregnant woman was talking about.When I got home I had my normal bowl of cereal and I was getting ready to take a nap. When i was laying down on the couch checking my emails one more time… I felt really crampy. These felt like period cramps.

I went to the bathroom and I looked in the toilet and it looked like I was having more of the normal discharge (this might be a little TMI but I was on progesterone for most of my pregnancy so discharge was a common thing for me) 

After I saw the discharge in the toilet I called Missy and told her that I think its time she comes home and we go to the hospital. Just in case. We were going to the hospital that night to take a CPR class anyways so we thought we would run into the Triage and just get everything checked out before the class.When we got to the hospital they monitored my contractions and they were about 10 minutes apart. The doctor came in to see us and we chatted about the Pessary that will still in place around my cervix and he decided to contact our high risk doctor to see if it was time to take that out. 

From the very painful exam that the doctor did and talking to my high risk doctor.. they decided to take out the pessary. I was already 2cm dilated at this point. 

The contractions were so out of this world painful and becoming more consistent. The doctors decided that they were going to admit me to watch me over night and to try and stop the labor. They gave me a steroid shot in the butt to help speed up the babies lung development and lots of fluids to try and slow the contractions down. I was 3cm dilated at this point When they brought me upstairs to the labor and delivery room they gave me Terbutaline to stop the contractions. At this time Missy ran home real quick to grab my progesterone that they thought that I needed and by the time she got home… I told her to get her ass back to the hospital because the babies were coming. 

At this time I was 4cm dilated and the shot they gave me took away my contractions for about 20 minutes. There was no stopping this labor. The doctor and midwife came in to tell us that they are prepping for a csection.

 Finally Missy got back to the hospital and it was time for her to get suited up and time for me to go back and get prepped. I was so nervous for the shots in my back but luckily for me I had the most kick ass anesthesiologist and our surgical team was just incredible all around. I fell in love with everyone in that operating room. From the person who held me while they put the shots in my back , to the midwife you calmed me down the whole time, to the doctor who put on Jimmy Buffet to make it seem like we were on vacation during surgery… They were all truly amazing at Florida Hospital.

Finally it was go time. Missy came in and all I remember seeing are her eyes. She looked a little nervous but I knew she was being strong for the both of us.See behind the scenes in the Vlog below.

Missy was there talking to me the whole time about how exciting life was about to get. New adventures and holiday fun with the twins! 

Baby A (Siena) was out. All I heard was her loud cry. They showed her to me and I instantly fell in love with her and her long fingers! Next was Baby b (Leonardo)… it took them some time to get him out because he ended up flipping and becoming breech… just like his sister. He was stuck up in my rib area and it took them a little longer to get him out. I remember feeling winded and out of breath… this was because they were pushing and pulling to get him out.Finally when Leonardo came out.. I didn’t hear anything. I looked back and didn’t see Missy. I instantly started to freak. What was going on? I remember yelling for Missy to come over to ask her what was wrong. She said nothing he’s fine. I knew when she said “he’s fine” that there was something wrong. He wasn’t breathing. It took them a while to suction everything out to get him going. Finally I heard another little cry. They brought him over and I remember seeing how blue he was and was still so worried.

Missy kept telling me that he is fine. Everything is going to be okay.It was time for them to bring the babies up to NICU and Missy went with them so they could finish putting me back together.

This took another 40 or so minutes.. it seemed like forever!!Once it was all said and done… they slid me on to another bed and rolled me into recovery. I remember my jaw killing me from clinching it and from it rattling when I was cold and nervous. Also the feeling of your legs being numb is the weirdest thing ever!

I remember my mind telling me to lift my legs and move my toes and there was no movement. SO WEIRD!

In the recovery room I got to see Missy again and my sister, mom, and close friends showed up to say hi and let me know they were there for us. It all happened so fast. We wanted the babies to get here.. but didn’t think it would be this soon! They were born at 33 weeks and 5 days. They were both around 3 1/2 lbs. Because the twins came so early and were so small... they had to stay in the NICU for 15 days...

Our NICU experience was amazing. The NICU nurses are literally sent from above. Check out our NICU story HERE!

Again…. I can’t thank Florida Hospital for Women & Loch Haven OB enough. They were so wonderful and have literally thought of everything when it comes to families and their newborns. I wouldn’t change my delivery day at all.

I also have to thank my wife. Even though I yelled a little while I was in labor… I love her so much. I adore her more than anything in this world and I could not do this without her. She has gone above and beyond. She is already the best wife and I know for a fact she is the best momma in the world. 

Here is the video that will explain it all if you don’t want to read

The road to get to where we are today has been incredible. It has been life changing. If you want to see the process leading up to this magical day… get caught up with THESE BLOGS HERE! 

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

XL1067 · Orlando's #1 Hit Music Station
Listen Now on iHeartRadio